As winter settles in and the holi-daze endless count of festivities begin it is easy to find yourself dehydrated. We tend to take in less water when we aren’t sweating. Layer on the extra cocktails at parties and it’s a recipe for feeling sluggish mid workout, random cramping when you normally never do or even a mild annoying headache that wont go away. Here are a few simple tips to help you out:
1. Skip the ice. Room temperature beverages are easier to sip and keep your internal temperature optimal.
2. Watch your caffeine intake. There is nothing like a hot cup of coffee to get ya feeling toasty, but caffeine is a diuretic so in the later hours of the day try switching to herbal tea or even hot water with lemon.
3. Snack on fruits and veggies at that office party… they are loaded with water.
4. “But I don’t like water,” this one always kills me but if you know this is you try enhancing your water with a squeeze of lime, a drop of peppermint oil, or even a NUUN Hydration tablet to give boring or hard water a palatable flavor.
5. Eat your liquids….. soup and broth are a wonderful way to take in water and fill your belly. “Soup is love,” after all!