At Austin Massage Company, your personal health and well being are paramount. You may have some growing concerns about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), and we want to put your mind at ease regarding our overall cleaning/sanitizing protocols. Our team will continue with what we have done since day one :
- Hand washing up to the elbows with hot water and soap between every client and just prior to entering the massage room before starting each session.
- utilizing hand sanitizer before initially placing our hands/feet on you at the start of each session as well as during your massage when necessary.
- disinfecting the entire head rest and all equipment between sessions.
- disinfecting the door knobs, tablets, all massage tools and massage cups, light switches, check in/out area in addition to all surfaces you may come into contact with often.
- change all linens between each client
Stress effects your overall health so be sure to stay hydrated and get plenty of rest. Massage helps to strengthen your immune system functions so getting a massage is actually a proactive step to take right now.
Studies performed at Cedars-Sinai has reported the following results:
- People in the Swedish massage group experienced significant changes in lymphocytes ,(lymphocyte numbers and percentages white blood cells that play a large role in defending the body from disease.
- Swedish massage caused a large decrease (effect size -.74) in Arginine Vasopressin (AVP) a hormone believed to play a role in aggressive behavior and linked to helping cause increases in the stress hormone cortisol.
- Swedish massage caused a decrease in levels of the stress hormone cortisol.
- Swedish massage caused a notable decrease in most cytokines produced by stimulated white blood cells.
- The study is published in the October printed edition of the Journal of Alternative and Complementary Medicine.
In addition to us keeping you safe we kindly ask that you do the same. Please stay home (cancel your session within 24 hours) if you are not feeling well, especially if you have a fever, are coughing, sneezing or are experiencing shortness of breath. If a client shows up with symptoms, we will politely ask you to reschedule your appointment and will be charging for the session in full.
If you care to keep up to date with new information Please visit the Center for Disease Control and Prevention
We hope this information helps ease your mind when booking your next massage session and we will see you on the table soon!
Michelle Hittner, AMC Owner